» わたしのこと «


The writer does not intend to but tends to make silly remarks that make others laugh. Sometimes she enjoys this unintentional trait of hers, and sometimes she detests it. But nevertheless, she loves to laugh at silly things, both good and bad, mostly little silly things, because she finds that life is too short to spend it sulking away. She also tends to be sarcastic with her words because the subtlety of dry humour makes her laugh even more and lightheartedly at those who "just don't get it."

» ぜんかい «


  • Paraphernalia of life
  • Because I could have
  • Reflect
  • Meet Natsumi
  • Gone Bunburying
  • Italy is every Japanese tourist's paradise
  • Before I leave
  • The Pillowman
  • Grickle time
  • Been watching some good stuff

  • December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    July 2008
    March 2009


    » ともだち «

    Adrian - Aloy - Cat - Daniel
    Dawn - Druce - Faith - Jim
    Karen - Kim - Kyoko - Matt
    Miss M - Nicholas - Nova - Sel
    Sherina - Tuna - Verbalme
    Xiaohui

    » おしゃべり «


    » かんしゃ «

    Sara - Blogger

    "The Room"

    Friday, April 25, 2008

    Interviews are just about the most ego-dipping thing in the world that makes you feel extremely despicable after they are over - whether or not it went well. If it did, then you can expect to feel horrid about expertly lying through your teeth and having said things that would usually make you sound highly superficial. If it didn't, then you would constantly berate yourself for not having been able to perform, no matter how superficial it might make you seem in the first place.

    Of course, that just essentially means that no matter the outcome of the interview, just having to go through the entire process is itself an ordeal. The fact that you probably spent a lot of time and energy mentally preparing yourself for it and agonizing over it for a long time before the interview doesn't help to alleviate the repeated playback of several cringeworthy moments after the interview even the least bit. At most, you can revel in a split second of a glorious victory over the interviewers where you said something that you thought sounded smart.

    I know, what a pain. Arghhh.

    I'm now wondering if going for several interviews at one narrow frame in time would actually numb my senses enough to be ever ready for a firing squad any day, or will it actually enervate me instead?

    Well, personally I wouldn't mind interviews that much if I didn't take everything so personally. If I went with a mindset to have a little chat with some strangers, perhaps the idea of an interview will not be as revolting. But of course, being me and being your typical suffering from some kind of paranoid syndrome sort of kid, this way of thinking is simply beyond me. What's worse is that I betray myself and my paranoia in all sense of the word by mumbling and rattling on and on nonstop, sometimes unconsciously slipping back into comfortable colloquial language. The horror of it all.

    I am seriously considering using school as an outlet for all my idiosyncrasies and nonsense, so as to avoid having to pour them out in a moment of nervousness in a room with a board of people with high standing and embarrass myself to no end.

    My own fear is that I will be so well-versed and comfortable in my own silliness that I will inevitably betray it in what I call "The Room".

    Good luck to me and my fellow job-searching friends (and rivals).


    8:59 pm
    クロサギ