» わたしのこと «


The writer does not intend to but tends to make silly remarks that make others laugh. Sometimes she enjoys this unintentional trait of hers, and sometimes she detests it. But nevertheless, she loves to laugh at silly things, both good and bad, mostly little silly things, because she finds that life is too short to spend it sulking away. She also tends to be sarcastic with her words because the subtlety of dry humour makes her laugh even more and lightheartedly at those who "just don't get it."

» ぜんかい «


  • Because I could have
  • Reflect
  • Meet Natsumi
  • Gone Bunburying
  • Italy is every Japanese tourist's paradise
  • Before I leave
  • The Pillowman
  • Grickle time
  • Been watching some good stuff
  • Facebook

  • December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    July 2008
    March 2009


    » ともだち «

    Adrian - Aloy - Cat - Daniel
    Dawn - Druce - Faith - Jim
    Karen - Kim - Kyoko - Matt
    Miss M - Nicholas - Nova - Sel
    Sherina - Tuna - Verbalme
    Xiaohui

    » おしゃべり «


    » かんしゃ «

    Sara - Blogger

    Paraphernalia of life

    Saturday, April 05, 2008

    As the title suggests, lots of things actually, just that I haven't got enough time nor inspiration to fuel a full blown post.

    Ah well, just as well. This just means I can finally fit in with the rest of the bloggers in lamenting their wonderful yet sad lives.

    Trying to find proper time to actually concentrate on studying proves to be difficult among the constant distractions of work and the persistent need for therapy (it spells like S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G, a word on this a little later).

    I'm just less than two months shy of taking the exam ugh. It really is a fight against time and money (175 USD is such a pain to fork out for a computer-based exam, maybe the part of the pain is to help shopaholics like me spend less and study more, and to spur me to study based on the mere fact that it is alot of money grr).

    Shopping has taken a whole new light for me ever since I discovered major online shopping, which is relatively cheaper and a whole lot easier. You just click and click and voila! It will be sent to your place, no driving or parking or trying to get the darned piece of cloth. This is especially useful for presents I think, good way to save on transportation and travel time. In short, I'm just lazy.

    Well, I must say the cons of online shopping has to be: I can't see where the hell my money goes, so there is the tendency to overspend without realising, and also it's terribly distracting when I have the computer switched on because I have this compulsive desire to click on the sites.. it's really sometimes too convenient.

    Had my second dose of Pillowman today.

    I'm sorry if this post seems so random, that's why the title more than makes up for it.

    Hmm I have to admit that the first time round was so much more exciting to me. Well, the fact that I had to arrange some last minute ticketing changes and scramble to get the kids there on time didn't help, and what's more, I already knew what to expect prior to the performance, so that didn't help either. The cast and acting were still excellent no doubt, the set has changed very little but that's not quite it. Somehow the feelings, or rather my feelings, towards the performance itself have changed. Perhaps it's different because it's also a different crowd. This time round, the bulk of it were made of students, from two schools in fact, I really pity the people from the public who paid so much just to sit amongst them ha.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think watching something (anything) with someone who appreciates it more does make it more enjoyable. In fact, like Amelie, I do enjoy occasionally other people's reactions to the show. I wonder if this is one of those "there is a need of a spectator environment in order to truly enjoy the show" sort of thing we used to learn in film classes. Well obviously I don't think this only applies to film, it probably applies to all performances which include the visual element.

    I know, I know, I used to dismiss it last time as some American film critic who wanted to have something to contribute to a film textbook so he wouldn't be out of a job. But lately, I've been thinking, it does make sense at times, well not all the time, but yes, sometimes it is more enjoyable to watch with good company, and I'm kind of missing that nowadays.


    9:17 pm
    クロサギ